This frittata is perfect for a light summer lunch or dinner with enough sustenance to keep you full. A 10 inch non-stick frying pan is the ideal pan to use.
- 10 large free range eggs
- 3 pieces of unsmoked bacon (streaky if you have it)
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled
- 2 cups kale, washed
- 1 cup feta cheese
Serving suggestion – Lambs lettuce & ruby chard with a drizzle of olive oil and balsamic vinegar
- Chop the sweet potato into small chunks and par boil it for about 7 minutes.
- Chop the bacon into small pieces and fry until crispy.
- While the bacon and sweet potato are cooking, crack the eggs into a bowl and add 4 tsp of milk and some salt and pepper. Whisk well with a fork, stopping before they become frothy.
- Heat olive oil in pan and add the kale. Fry for a couple of minutes.
- Drain the sweet potatoes and add them to the pan with the bacon.
- Very slowly add the eggs, evenly distributing them around the pan.
- Crumble the feta and spread evenly on top.
- Cook for about 5 minutes on a medium-high heat until you see the egg starting to set around the sides.
- Place pan under the grill for about 5 minutes until the top is set.
- Give it a bit of a shake and slide out of the pan onto a board. Slice and serve hot or cold with salad and a red pepper/tomato relish.