Halloweeeeeen! My absolute favourite time of year. I’ve made these devilled eggs for the occasion which can be served with a big plate of meats and all kinds of salads. They can really spice up a dish.
Makes: 8 halves
- 4 large free range eggs
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 2 spring onions
- 1/4 lemon
- 1 red pepper
- Hard boil the eggs. Place eggs in a pot of water and bring the boil. Removed from the heat and cover for 12 mins. Drain and steep in cold water for a few mins. Peel the shells.
- Cut the eggs length ways in half and remove the yolks.
- Finely chop the spring onions and add the mayonnaise and mustard with some salt and pepper and a good squeeze of lemon. Add the yolks to the mixture and mash until it becomes smooth.
- Put the mixture into a zip lock sandwich bag and chop the corner off the bag. Pipe the mixture into the white of the eggs.
- Make the devil horns and tail by cutting the red pepper into each different shape.