Here’s a sweet recipe for Halloween – wicked witch cupcakes 🙂
Serves: 6 large
- 1 large free range egg
- 60g softened butter
- 60g caster sugar
- 60g self-raising flour
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 tsp milk
- 70g softened butter
- 140g icing sugar
- 2 tsp milk
- A few drops of green food colouring
- 12 black and white striped straws or 2 black straws and a white chalk marker
- Black paper and a scissors
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Cream the butter and sugar with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Add the egg and mix some more.
- Stir in the vanilla essence.
- Fold in the flour and add the milk until the mixture is thick and stiff.
- Spoon the mixture into paper cases in a muffin tin and pop in the oven for 15 minutes until golden.
- For the icing – beat the butter in a bowl until soft.
- Add half the icing sugar and beat until smooth.
Then add the remaining icing sugar with the milk until the mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Check the cakes are cooked by putting a scewer into the middle and making sure it is piping hot. Leave to cool for 15 minutes.
- To make the decorations cut the straws half way down and make stripes with the chalk marker.
- Cut witch shoe shapes out of the black paper and stick them onto the end of the straws.
- Ice the cupcakes using a piping bag or a sandwich bag with the corner cut. Finish by placing the straws into the icing.