Sometimes you need some carbs in your life! This recipe wraps an omelette in a wholemeal pita. I love wholemeal pitas because they are light and you don’t feel bloated afterwards but still get that carb hit.
- 3 Eggs
- 1 Tsp milk
- 1/4 cup Bacon lardons
- 1/4 Avocado
- 1/4 cup Halloumi
- 1 wholemeal pita
- Tomato/Chilli Relish
- Whip eggs with a tsp of milk and salt and pepper.
- Fry Bacon Lardons, followed by Halloumi and leave aside.
- Wipe pan, add a knob of butter and sizzle.
- Make the omelette – Add eggs to the pan. When the egg begins to set, pull in each side and tilt the pan so that the raw egg fills the space.
- When the egg is nearly fully set on top, put the ingredients on one half of the omelette and flip over. Flip over again but only half way so the omelette resembles a fan.
- Meanwhile, toast the pita. When it is ready slice it and add relish.
- Slide omelette into pita and cut into halves and enjoy.