Slotted spoons and Vinegar at the ready, who doesn’t love a protein packed, perfectly poached, pocket rocket.
There is no skill, only practice in poaching an egg.
Here’s my top tip:
🍳 Lift the egg out of the water after 3 mins and gently press the yolk with a tsp – if it is spongey but still slightly firm, it is done. Do it once and you’ll know what I mean!
Poached Eggs Recipe
- 2 Eggs
- Splash of White Wine Vinegar
- 1/4 – 1/2 Avo depending on how much you like Avo!
- Good handful of Spinach
- 2 slices of Bacon
- I used Leek Sprouts for garnish
- Chilli Jam/Tomato/Pepper Relish
- Boil a pot of water (3/4 full).
- Turn it down to a simmer.
- Add a splash of White Wine Vinegar.
- Crack an egg into a cup and tip it into the pot in one fluid motion.
- Do the same with the other.
- Chop and cook the rest of the ingredients in a frying pan (except the Avo)
- After 3 mins use tip above!
- Use slotted spoon to remove and place on paper towel to dry.
- Layer up the ingredients on top and pierce that yolk like nobody’s watching!